MEDC Redevelopment Ready Communities Program
I lead a team of consultants as the prime Technical Assistance provider to the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s (MEDC) Redevelopment Ready Communities Program. Since 2014, I have worked hand-in-hand with RRC staff creating and teaching training programs on their Redevelopment Ready Best Practices. I teach sessions on Plans and Public Participation to officials, staff, and agencies across the state multiple times each year.
I collaborate with RRC staff on scopes of work and budgets to provide an MEDC-funded match for communities working towards certification under the program. Depending on the location of the community and type of work involved, I draw from my network of subconsultant experts to create a process that is tailored to each community’s needs.
Most of my project work stems from my contract with RRC. A sampling of projects is listed below, with several linking to their own project page.
- Dearborn West Downtown Form-Based Code (in progress)
- Wyandotte Master Plan (in progress)
- Saginaw Riverfront Form-Based Code (in progress)
- Lathrup Village Center Implementation Plan (in progress)
- Battle Creek Downtown Plan (in progress)
- Traverse City Public Participation Plan (in progress)
- Lansing Downtown Form-Based Code
- Alpena Downtown Plan
- Waterfront Best Practices and Training
- Marketing and Branding Strategies (supervised)
- Code Enforcement Training Program
- Flint Redevelopment Ready Sites/Development Review Audit (supervising)
- Master Plan Update Guide
- Website Audits and Redesign (supervised)
- Wesbsite Guide (supervised)